Self Contentment in Paradise



Being on the beach isn't one of my favorite place to be at. I tend to feel insecure and uncomfortable all the time but ever since I made a drastic decision with myself and willed myself to be contented with what I have. It was honestly the hardest decision I've ever made since I'm that kind of person who is really insecure with herself but ever since I made that decision I've been at ease of myself and have that peace of mind that I am who I am and I can't do anything to stop that. So, with all that said, my perspective of the beach has changed and now I am truly in comfort while being on this trip.



During the Labor Day weekend, my family and I went to have that summer outing that we've been planning for this summer. So, we went to Bantayan Island which is just a small island that's located at the northern of Cebu, Philippines. We had to ride a ferry boat going to that island  and just by riding the boat, you could see how beautiful this trip will be.

When we arrived at the port, I was captivated on how beautiful the view was and you could  see in the picture below on how clear the water looks like. It blew my mind on how amazing this place is.



After settling in our rent house, which was just at the front of the beach,  my aunt and I went directly to the shore and got are tan on. Honestly though, it was not going well since I couldn't stay put and just lie down (ADHD alert, hahaha just kidding) because of the view, it was amazing and I HAD to take pictures to post in instagram. Yes yes, you guess it right, I am an instagram addict, I can't help it taking pictures and posting it is really fuuun. Okay okay not really but stalking people is really fun. So, after our failed sunbathing mayhem, we decided to just chill and take a dip. It wasn't exactly dipping  since it was low tide as you can see in the pictures. We decided to just lie down at the wet sand and just take pictures. 

front view of our beach house

me "trying" to get a tan. Key word, TRYING. 



Yes, I don't have the perfect bikini body but I honestly don't care, wearing a bikini makes me feel free and more connected to the beach, as weird as that sounds. As I've mention, ever since my change of mind, I have become confident with who I am and what my body is. I've accepted the fact that this is how I look and I'm just happy with it. Don't misread this and think that I'm arrogant and overconfident because I'm not, I do have insecures to, just like you, but I try my best to not think of it and just be me.




After an afternoon of just chilling, it was finally time for the sun to set. Everyone that has gone to Bantayan would know that the sunsets here are magical, and it is true, there are no words to describe how beautiful it was. 


That picture is my mom and dad kissing, super gross and sweet the same time. 




After the sunset, we went back to our house and just chill for the whole night. We spend time together as a family and bonded for the rest of the night.

The next day, we had a spontaneous idea and decided to go island hopping, I'll stop talking now and just let the pictures speak for itself.



We then landed here and took a dip, the water was crystal clear and the rocks were formed in certain ways that makes it absolutely beautiful. After taking pictures and having fun. We got back to our boat and went to the other place right away.


The second place we went to was my favorite since you could see the horizon and the sand was really white and soft. You could see one of the pictures below on how in awe I am of the feel of the sand. This place was like what I saw we always see in tumblr and instagram, it was certainly the best view you could as for.




My parents fooling around haha

Since I've been swimming the whole trip, I decided to just chill and hide in one of the rocks. After the long yet fun island hopping that we had, I was really exhausted and just took a nap in our house. It was our last night here in Bantayan so, I told my parents to wake me up for the sunset and yes it was as ravishing as the first one.






Beautiful sunset

  Unfortunately, on Sunday, all we did was pack up our things and go back to Cebu. I fell in love with island even though we only stayed for 3 days. On the trip going back to Cebu, I took some pictures of sunset on the boat as you can see below.

Feeling the wind in my hair at Santa Fe Port


Sunset photo I took during our travel back to Cebu


  This trip was one of the best that I've experienced, the views were gorgeous and the fact that I've accepted who I am and had that self contentment that I needed for this trip really help since I wasn't fussing about how big my belly was or how uneven my skin tone is, I just enjoyed the moments that I'm spending with my family. With all this said, I had the best Labor Day weekend that I could as for. So, How was your weekend? Did you have fun? I hope you could talk to me about how your weekend went.Thank you for reading!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images